Updated: Oct 28
♥️ Happy Valentine's Day, 2023.
Love is in the air--at home,
and everywhere for the braves
who dare to love and care.
Fate seals their faith for love sings
and stings so you laugh and cry
with and at this euphoric phenomenon
that gives humans the highest bliss
and ardor tested hearts can testify.
Food usually seals the deal whether for two or with family and friends. Food is the centralizer that delights butterfly hearts and paces conversations whether dinners, brunches or exotic beverages even when a diamond is MIA. 🌹
Enjoy my special Navy Bean Stuffed Tomato treat for your special day from Vegan Delectable: Volume II. I created this recipe especially for you with love from me to you. ♥Navy Bean Stuffed Tomato treat for your special day from Vegan Delectable: Volume II .
I created this recipe especially for you with love from me to you. ♥️
NAVY BEAN STUFFED TOMATO
Knife, cutting board, skillet and an oiled baking sheet needed.
6 large organic beefsteak tomatoes 1 tsp diced garlic
2 cups diced beefsteak tomatoes (use scooped out insides) 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese
2 cups boiled and crushed navy beans 1 diced onion
1/2 cup seasoned vegan breadcrumbs 3 tbsp sliced scallions
1/3 tsp paprika 1 minced medium jalapeno pepper
1 tbsp soy sauce 1/2 tsp salt
5 tbsp vegetable oil
Feel free to adjust seasonings to suit your palate. Canned navy bean
could be substituted although fresh navy bean is preferred for this recipe.
1. Thinly slice bottom of each tomato (without creating an opening), for steady placement of tomato on baking sheet.
2. Next, slice tomato tops off and scoop insides out of each tomato to create even and thick tomato sacks.
3. Sprinkle insides of each tomato sack with salt and drizzle with oil.
4. Place each tomato sack on oiled baking sheet and roast in preheated 350°F oven for five minutes
then remove from oven. and set aside.
5. Combine breadcrumbs and navy beans in a bowl and set aside.
6. Dice and sauté the scoped-out insides of the tomatoes with other listed ingredients.
for five minutes then add to the bowl with breadcrumbs and navy bean and combine well.
7. Fill each tomato sack with this mixture then bake in 350°F oven for 25 minutes.
8. Remove the baked stuffed tomatoes from the oven and place on serving plate.
9. Garnish with sliced onions and chopped scallions and enjoy.
Be sure to secure copies of my Vegan Delectable: Volume II Cookbook!
Recipes are the property of Sheron Mingo, Y and should not be mass distributed without permission. © 2020.